Grow Horti - the simple and effective LED fixture
Grow Horti is a 245-watt LED fixture based on our many years’ experience with LEDs and an increasing market demand for a simple, user-friendly and effective LED fixture. The fixture ensures simple and stable operations, and most importantly healthy and effective plant growth.
Growth and climate
In the development of Grow Horti, growth and climate have been considered carefully.
- The composition of the diode colors is adapted to the plant’s needs (the photosynthetically active light), for improved growth.
- The fixture is equipped with an optical lens system ensuring a constant and precise light on the plant.
- The blue light may reduce the need for Plant Growth Regulation (PGR) and results in a more compact plant.
- LEDs do not emit much heat. The advantage is that by heating from an alternative heat source instead of the fixtures a healthy and uniform climate is ensured without large fluctuations in temperature.
- Long lifetime with no reduction of light output over time.
- Grow Horti can easily connect to any climate control regardless of brand and supplier.
Grow Horti as replacement for HPS
HPS is the traditional fixture used by many in the past. Grow Horti is developed as a good alternative for HPS and is the new generation of grow lights. In addition to the already mentioned advantages of our LED lamp, the switch from HPS to LED also provides the following benefits:
- Grow Horti gives the same light amount as a 400 W HPS fixture.
- No need to change diodes (as you change bulbs in an HPS), which provides a significant saving.
- Grow Horti has a uniform light distribution on a larger area – just like an HPS fixture.
The graph below shows the plant’s lighting requirements and the spectral distribution for an HPS vs. and Grow Horti.
With the long lifetime, resource savings, and improved plant growth, LED is a solid and future-proof investment.
We will gladly assist you with further guidance and a light plan, and of course with an offer, to provide you the full overview of upgrading your business.
The plant's light requirements - and HPS vs LED Grow Horti
Dotted lines on the graphs indicate the active area of the photosynthesis - meaning the plants need for light.
Note the difference between the spectra (colours) of HPS and LED respectively. It is vital to know that especially red, somewhat blue and only quite a little green / yellow is essential for the plant’s growth.
The HPS graph also shows the beam heat, which is difficult to control and thus contributes to an unstable growth environment.
What's in it for you?
Reduce climate footprint
A 245W fixture available as both 230V and 400V
Easy installation of the lightweight fixutre with a plug-&-play solution (a cable is connected to your existing installation)
Available with 4 different light profiles of the blue light, which are pre-programmed for the desired culture
Designed for the humid climate of a growing environment - IP65
We guide you in the optimal diode composition, and make a light plan to ensure the right amount of light and light distribution
Predominantly emits white working light making it easy to see the plants’ colour
Latest diode technology, which provides low power consumption and increased efficiency
LEDs improve plant growth and increase taste intensity of edible plants
Reduce climate footprint by using LED fixture Grow Horti
LEDs are far more energy effective than traditional lighting. With LED diodes you save energy and reduce your climate footprint compared to using HPS. In addition to improved efficiency, LEDs have a number of other environmentally friendly benefits: LEDs emit significantly less surplus heat, you produce less energy waste, as LEDs do not require frequent change of bulbs, and you maintain CO2 inside your greenhouse, as you do not open windows as with a warm HPS-fixture. Moreover, LEDs from DGT by Senmatic can be dimmed to limit unnecessary use of resources.
It has also been proven that blue and red LEDs are particularly effective in terms of growth regulation, and both shorten production times and optimize plant growth more effectively than chemical PGRs. As a result, you can reduce your use of chemicals. We also know that red LEDs reduce reproduction among pests.
Video showing LED installations
Get inspired by our world wide LED installations